Anilkumar Manchikatla is Zero Hero at our client Atos, which means he actively works to get their social collaboration program on the move. In his role as an ambassador for the Zero EmailTM program, he wrote a diary on his experience. I found it so honest and valuable, that I asked his permission to share his story 🙂 Enjoy!
Experience from colleagues across Atos Group in their own words: After some months as Zero Hero, what is the impact for you? (business, social, personnal, ie. saving time)
– Me: more motivated; more creative, more performance, more involved & more fun This new way of collaboration made me re-discovering my real potential that was hidden behind Email System.
– My Work: More clear, more coherent, more exciting, less time consuming, more visible & better results. Within the Zero Email system, i found the right information in less time, we share experience in wide area and in less time with less effort: The real meaning of efficiency (don’t work hard, work smart!).
– My Colleagues: More connections, more networking, more help & collaboration, better teamwork, Barriers and borders were broken between the different services, different towers, different GBUs… All the resources now united around the One Company.
– My Company: More proud of being part of a company that has such an innovative vision, more excited to live the progress towards this historical objective that will transform the way of company collaboration globally!!!
Business : better efficiency, resolving problems in real time
Social : simple direct communication with others, at any levels, encouraging mutual knowledge, training and collaboration
Personnel : better involving in company and knowing organization, who’s who, looking who is needing what
– I am using more Lync for communication. It allows me a more personal contact with colleagues.
– I am using more for communication, while getting and giving faster responses.
While emails solved the purpose of basic communication, Lync being an active communication medium, does add a personal touch to the communication and increases the positivity in the conversation.
BlueKiwi is the happening place of Atos, it showed me how I could be a part of a very huge community which was till now hiding behind the email firewall; it gave me the platform to share my views about things in a more open environment, and also I get to know a lot of new people everyday, which would have been impossible without bK. All in all: Time saved, efforts reduced, better outputs achieved.
So, the journey of a Zero Hero has been an enriching and rewarding one for me and it has been a great learning experience every day and every moment, post by post, reaction by reaction, like by like….
I smile more often now at work
Business: not being hidden behind the email walls is great: it saves time by quickly finding people who can assist me with whatever I’m working on, I learn new things from people that ask me for help, I can easily connect and work with everyone in the organization, not blocked by country or department. Working on blueKiwi also quickly creates value because I decide what information I want to see and what and where I want to contribute. Although I see more info, it’s doesn’t feel like overload.
Personal: I learned a lot more about Atos in the period that I was on blueKiwi and it was more fun, getting to know people and be on a journey together. With email there would never have been this easy interaction and collaboration.
Zero Hero to experience the journey together with so many great people is both fun and inspiring. It demonstrates that we can make a difference as a community and lead by example.
Business: As many of you already know, I encountered some hurdles on my way as a Zero Hero and I even decided to resign for a while. Old habits and resistance to change are quite usual within my own perimeter and for a long time it was difficult to convince people about the benefits of social collaboration and especially about social tools. So, on a business point of view, there were some victories which were unfortunately tainted by blueKiwi troubles.
Personal: Well, a lot of things have already been said above. Obviously, social collaboration in a company like ours is so rich and enriching with so many people and so many cultures. I’m deeply convinced that this enrichment at individual level can’t be anything but profitable for the collectivity hence for the business. That’s why Well being at Work is so important.
Zero Hero: Well, I’m back! With a slight difference, I’m no more a scout, isolated from the rest of the fellowship, doing weird stuff and promoting strange behaviours. I’m with them, I accompany them and I share my experience. I’m not a 100% Zero Hero, not yet, I did not activate my OOO but I have good hope.
To conclude, I wish to say that it is a great opportunity to be part of the Zero Hero path and more largely of the ZEN adventure, whatever the difficulties or the disappointments. I’m not a naive person and I don’t wish to make angelism but I truly believe that each of us, all of the Zero Heroes, and a lot of other people, can’t go back now, and that, somehow, is a success.
Business : Resulted speedifying the deliveries & solve tickets well within the SLAs :
– Lync : Faster resolution of incidents / changes, faster approval process for tickets – on communication with functional team, our management and my team (who went zero).
– blueKiwi : Enhanced / faster / open communication across the team for clarifications of requirements, technical / functional blocking points.
– SharePoint : this usage is the same as before zero email.
Personal : Internal communication benefits ..Faster communication –
– Lync : faster approval process for leaves, transport, queries on internal project issues such as priority / resource management, appreciation / escalation
Social : more exposure to the world of atos; hence knowing people and interact –
– bluekiwi : Appreciation from colleagues likes / reactions / votes..around the world which gains up the energy to be wellbeing at work.
To be able to participate the worldwide surveys to present my views; to participate in the open competition & win prizes
Those are just some of many other fruits of Zero Email Program
More info on the Zero EmailTM initiative